What's this all about?
ABC/Disney plans to memorialize the fifth anniversary of 9/11 with a fictional docudrama called "The Path to 9/11". Written by an avowed right-wing activist, this work of fiction directly contradicts the accepted record of the 9/11 Commission Report. President Clinton and former administration officials were denied an advance copy; Rush Limbaugh and obscure right-wing bloggers saw it last week. ABC plans to distribute this docudrama to 100,000 educators across the country. We've set up this site to encourage ABC to change its strategy. READ MORE.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yes, Virginia. There are Republicans in Hollywood

Get thee to Unclaimed Territory. Amidst all the damning evidence Glenn Greenwald is proffering today, about Bush's lack of attention to terrorism prior to 9/11, is this bit about Bush supporter Mark Coffey.

Coffey fairly considers the evidence [about the "Path to 9/11" controversy] and concludes that parts of this film are almost certainly inaccurate, and then draws exactly the right conclusion: "Again, the partisan aspect interests me not at all; this is 9/11, and 'reasonably accurate' isn't good enough. Either go completely fiction or stick to the facts."
And then go visit with Digby over at Hullabaloo. Yesterday afternoon, I was on a conference call with reporters and Thomas Kean, the Republican co-chair of the 9/11 Commission. Kean laughed out loud at the notion that Disney, or anyone in Hollywood would be behind anything with any kind of right-wing slant. Yes. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Mr. Kean. It's all very funny. Read this, and just keep laughing.

2 Comments:

Blogger MTI said...

You're A Republican? You're Fired!
The editor of Playgirl came out on TV last week saying she is a Republican and voted for George Bush in the election. She was on Foxnews talking about the fact no one in her office but her was a Republican. As I watched this I turned to my wife and said, “She’s going to get fired.”

A few days later she was. She wrote into the Drudge report and told him that a leading person at Playgirl told her on the phone, “"I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.” Then he laughed.

Some joke.

When the Catholic church fires people who work for them who are gay, which is behavior against church doctrine, all hell breaks loose. But let a liberal fire a conservative and no one cares.

I know from experience.

I worked in the film industry in the 1980’s and 1990’s. I was an outspoken conservative towards the end, but at the beginning I really could have cared less about politics.

One day after I had just started in the industry I went it to talk to the production manager of a new film I was hired onto and when he was reviewing my resume he saw I once did a lighting job for a Republican show in Washington. He went nuts and called me a Nazi, right there in the studio office in front of everyone. When I said that was uncalled for and wrong he threw the resume at me and said, “Get out, I don’t work with Republicans.” He laughed as I got up and left.

Some joke.

Years later I was working on a TV show and was getting harassed for reading The Wall Street Journal and Human Events. After a few days the Gaffer, the chief lighting tech, and a closet conservative, came over to me and said, “Why don’t you put the articles you think would get them thinking on my equipment cart?” I did so and within a few hours people were reading them. Tax Increases , Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, Nannygate, Hillarycare. The articles attacked the sacred cows of the left and people started debating them.

Then the insults started. I was called a Nazi on the set, the director once took a Polaroid of me and drew horns and a devil beard on it. Lunches turned into political debates about Clinton and why he was bad for the country. (Rather, I said he was bad, the other 99 people at lunch had other thoughts}. At one point the production manager approached me and suggested I cool it. I told him I had a right to my opinions when asked. He said, “And Hollywood has the right to keep people like you unemployed.” Then he laughed.

Some joke.

After my stint on the show ended a few crew people told me they were closet Republicans also. But they knew it was no joke and kept quiet. I wonder how many of them are still working in the industry now that Conservatives are fighting back in Hollywood and moving up the chain of command.

Hopefully soon the Liberals will know how it feels to get fired for their political beliefs. In Matworld, that would be funny.

MTI

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Yakki.PsD said...

LOL.

You spin such a nice yarn. Tell me,why didn't you sue?

Hmmm.....

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home